Embracing Womanhood.

'flower bouquet' by Sven Pohle

Hello gorgeous! Happy International Women's Day! My heartiest wishes to every woman residing on our mighty Mother Earth. Well what do you know, even the Earth is categorized as a woman. Isn't that enough to signify how ginormous and powerful we are. Who run the world......GIRLS! I am obsessed with Beyonce and this song will surely get you pumped to celebrate yourself being a woman. I know life is tough when you are a woman and I am being very careful not to mention anything that will provoke regret/ self pity/ disappointment/ unhappy feelings. It's a day to celebrate and appreciate every women's presence and contribution to keep the world running. We are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives and friends. Did I mention we still manage a career, perform the duties of a cook, a housekeeper, a babysitter and a nurturer. Women are probably the best multitasker that ever exist. Give yourself a pat in the back for all the AWESOME things you are doing in your life and continue to keep the world sane.

I really wish I could present every woman with a flower bouquet because YOU deserve the appreciation. Unfortunately, it's quite impossible for me to meet every single one of you. So, I thought I could at least share a small gift to make your day pleasant. My gift to you is an art of relaxation. If you don't mind, my request for today is please spare 10 minutes for yourself in silence. Sit comfortably on a mat/blanket in a silent corner at your home. Close your eyes and keep your shoulders relaxed. Relax in this position while taking a few natural breaths. Ensure your lips are lightly sealed and gently inhale through your nostrils. As you exhale, hum like a buzzing bee, making the sound 'Mmmmmmmm......' Feel the vibration at your throat. Try to exhale as slow as possible to deepen your relaxation. Continue inhaling and exhaling this way for as many times as you desire till you feel satisfied. This technique is known as brahmari (bee breath) and it can be practised at any time of the day to produce a relaxing effect and relieve anxiety or stress. Give it a go and trust me ladies, you deserve silence and relaxation today. Enjoy and have blissful day.

~M~

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. Margaret Thatcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.