Vegan Pumpkin Soup

There's nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup during this cold season. These rainy days have got me craving for all kinds of vegetable soup. Oh! Binge watching and lazing on bed too. I have always loved a good bowl of pumpkin soup and I think it's ridiculously overpriced at restaurants. So, I did some online research and created my own version of vegan pumpkin soup with the ingredients I had at home. My version has no cream, cheese or vegetable stock but doesn't lack love and pleasure. I got a big pot of soup that could have fed my entire family and I had leftovers. More comforting soup the next day!

Ingredients:

Medium sized onion - 2
Garlic - 4 cloves
Pumpkin - 400g
Carrots - 3 medium sized
Turmeric - A pinch
Ground pepper - 1 tablespoon
Paprika - 1 tablespoon
Mixed herbs - 1 teaspoon
Salt - According to your desire
Water/Vegetable stock
Olive oil

Let's make soup!

1) Roughly chop onions, carrots and pumpkin.
2) In a large pot, brown the onions and garlic in olive oil.
3) Add the carrots, pumpkins and the seasonings. Saute the vegetables on a medium flame.
4) Once it starts to brown, add water to cover the vegetables and allow it simmer.
5) Adjust the salt at this stage and simmer till the pumpkins and carrots are soft.
6) Use a hand blender to puree the vegetables. If you don;t have a hand blender, use a regular blender and blend it in small batches.
7) Voila! Soup is ready and garnish with dry or fresh parsley, croutons or bruschetta.

Bon appetite!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.