Spiced Apple Oatmeal


Well, let's talk about the rainy season again. Apples are abundant around this time of the year. I give a lot of importance to my breakfast. I like it wholesome and variety is key. This was an experimental oatmeal with ingredients lying around my kitchen. I presume a little bit of nut milk would have made it creamier but I didn't have any in hand. Overall, it was an interesting experience.

Ingredients:

Rolled oats - 1 cup
Apples - 2
Cinnamon powder- 2 generous pinch
Brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
Honey - 1 tablespoon
Salt - a pinch


Let's make oatmeal.

It's so easy peasy. Add the oats, chopped apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, honey, salt and water in a pan and let it bubble away on a medium flame. Let is cook for 20 to 25 minutes and voila! Your breakfast is ready. Top it with more honey, almonds, flax seeds and chia seeds. More fresh apple slices! Why not?

Bon appetite!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.