28 lessons I learned before turning 28


Image result for birthday free images
Image courtesy of istockphoto.com


Birthdays are so exciting. Well, forget about the age. I am excited for the cakes, food and how everyone cherishes me on my born day. It can be a time to ponder on your past year and how you can change your direction for the upcoming year. This year I thought of making a self note of  all the things I have learned in my life time. More like a self diagnosis of how far I have come and how I shall steer my life forward. Happy birthday to me!

Lessons learned:

1. Prayers can heal and transform.

2. Discipline and consistency will be rewarded.

3. Choose to be kind everyday.

4. Take care of yourself. Fill your cup before you fill somebody else's.

5. Music can be healing.

6. When everything is negative, walk away and be quiet.

7. The healthiest meals come from your own kitchen.

8. Stay away from social media and indulge in simple pleasures.

9. Love unconditionally. Don't judge and just accept.

10. The older your become, everything is tough. Look for support if it is unbearable.

11. Move more and don't stop.

12. Drink lots and lots of water.

13. It's okay to be angry and annoyed.

14. Never stop learning and seek a teacher for guidance.

15. Stay low key and don't reveal everything on social media.

16. Have a few trustworthy friends and stay active together.

17. Family will always have my back.

18. Coconut water and fruits are the best medicine.

19. Give to receive.

20. A gratitude journal for abundance in life.

21. Patience can conquer mountains.

22. Get 8 hours of sleep for an ideal day.

23. Practice yoga to stay humble and calm.

24. Teaching is a way to learn more.

25. Stay organised to decrease stress.

26. Say 'NO' when you feel something is not right.

27. Be a respectable woman and radiate love. Speak up when 

28. Learn to walk away from things that affect your peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.