Dear Blog, Happy Birthday!


Bliss with Yoga turns ONE today! It wouldn't be a birthday without some chocolatey goodness and sprinkles. 365 days ago, I remember posting my very first blog post titled 'A Fresh Start' and no turning back ever since. This journey has taught me many lessons, blessed me with exciting opportunities and allowed me to connect with people in real life and from the Internet. I started out with only 5 followers(who were all friends) and today, it has reached 250 followers and I don't even have that many friends in real life. Of course, I had my share of ups and downs but everything happens for a reason, right? Before I pour my heart out further, take a look at the photo below if you would like to try this super quick eggless brownies recipe.


























Time to spill the tea. Maintaining a blog, creating contents and sticking to a schedule while trying to make a living, pursuing yoga and living a yogic lifestyle is super challenging. As this day was approaching, I was going back and forth trying to decide what will my be next step. While recovering from my wrist injuries, experiencing a sudden collapse of my immune system and battling with depression for the past one month and a half, I took a lot of time to reflect and draw a conclusion. There were many times I thought probably, I should delete the blog because I wasn't sure I could handle the commitment and continue to deliver enthusiastically. I have total admiration towards the bloggers who have been maintaining their pages for years and continue to do it passionately. I questioned myself if I have the capacity to be like them. That was my 'AHA!' moment. I cannot live the life of others and this is not a competition. If the thought of beginning a yoga blog came to me a year ago, perhaps I've been put through this journey for a purpose and maybe I should try one more time.

So, the blog will continue its course but where do I take it from here? I looked at the name of my blog. Bliss with Yoga. Do I still agree with this name? Definitely, NO! I don't mean it in a bad way but I doubt that it has been blissful throughout. Living a yogini's life is absolutely complicated and difficult(I'll save that bit of story for another time). Another 'AHA!' moment. Can you tell that I'm really into Oprah? Well, that's what this space has been missing. I feel the need to stop sugar coating things and keep it REAL. I should be honest about my experiences. It's the only way to truly connect with people. If I claim my blog to be equivalent to my home, so I should transparent and contribute my best efforts. HATE maybe a harsh word, but no other ways to say this. I hate doing anything halfheartedly. That's the verdict, I'm taking a new direction in my blogging journey.

On this lovely day, I appreciate all the souls that have supported and contributed to the growth of my blog. I send gratitude to my teachers, students and friends who continue to inspire me and constantly pushing me to go the extra mile. Ah! A special shout out to the haters because if it wasn't for you, I would stop loving myself every day. On a much exciting note, I am inviting all the wonderful yogis around the world to join me in the March Yoga Challenge, building our way through handstands. I love to be upside down! I will be posting my poses on Instagram every day. Be sure to follow me @a_yoginis_life and post your attempt using the #journeytohandstand. Toodles!

~M~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.