Nauli: Make This Your Morning Routine!

Hello everybody! I'm flabbergasted. My phone has been buzzing constantly with new and exciting opportunities for the past couple of days. I'm nervous at the same time. The usual fear you see. I have to make adjustments with my current job in order to give these new opportunities a shot. I don't mind actually but at the same time, the risk of ruining your current comfort zone for something new, something you're clueless about. Thinking-to-much syndrome. It happens when you're young and you have your finger in too many pies. I guess I just have to roll with the punches. Like someone I know always says "Hey, YOLO!" As usual I have rambled out of topic. Focus M! Focus!

Nauli by Feed the Yogi

Yeah Nauli. Have you heard of it? Another form of yogic cleansing.. I learnt it 5 months ago but then I didn't start practicing until I heard the magic word 3 months ago. 'FLAT TUMMY'. Something every woman desires. Ever since, I have been diligently practicing. I have also increased my practice hours since I attempting on advance poses and training for the Malaysian International Yoga Competition 2014. Phew. Sometimes, while staying in a pose, I taste my own sweat. EEE! That's how tough it's getting day by day. Honestly, I am panicking. I am clueless like a headless chicken and I'm off topic again. *Sigh*

I am sorry to say. Nauli is something I cannot teach over a pictorial or step-wise description. If you are attempting it for the very first time, please, please do it under the supervision of an instructor. We are manipulating very delicate internal organs of the human body. You may ask, then why am I doing a post on it if I can't teach it here? Because of the numerous benefits, I would strongly advise anyone to practice it. Probably I can share a few guidelines prior to your practice along with the benefits.

Time of Practise:

Nauli should be practiced only when the stomach is completely empty, at least 5 to 6 hours after a meal. The best time to practice is early in the morning before any food or drink is taken.

Precautions:

Nauli should only be practiced under the guidance of a competent teacher. If any pain is felt in the abdomen during nauli, stop the practice immediately. Try again the following day with more awareness and less force.

Contra-Indications:

Nauli should not be attempted by people suffering from heart disease, hypertension, hernia, high blood pressure, abdominal pain, gallstones, acute peptic ulcer, constipation, or those who are recovering from
surgery, especially abdominal surgery. Pregnant women should not practice nauli. However, six months after normal childbirth the practice can help strengthen the abdominal and pelvic muscles.

Benefits:

  • Nauli massages and tones the entire abdominal area, including the muscles, nerves, intestines, reproductive, urinary and excretory organs. 
  • It generates heat in the body and stimulates appetite, digestion, assimilation, absorption and excretion. 
  • Regulates menstrual cycle, hormonal imbalances and any disorders related to the reproductive system.
  • It helps to balance the adrenal component of the endocrine system.
  • Nauli stimulates and purifies manipura chakra, the storehouse of prana. 
  • It helps to increase mental clarity and power by harmonizing the energy flows in the body.
  • Oh no forgetting...FLAT TUMMY! 

Get your Nauli on this Summer!

~M~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakthi Bandha Asanas (Energy Block Postures)

Sheetali & Sheetkari Pranayama.

Day 5: Pawanmuktasana Series. A yogi's warm up.